Your Crafty Calendar
Ok, grab your calendars. Look at all those fresh sheets before you. What do you have planned? Will you have new Year’s resolutions? Will you make plans for that vacation or family reunion you’ve been putting off? The things we love to do so often never get put on the calendar. do you have special crafting days to cut, glue, and sew your way to happiness? If not, write some down now. It’s OK, you can use pencil. If you can’t put it on a specific day, make a list of the things you want to craft this year.
My Crafty list for the new year2
- Artwork for my dear children’s rooms – found a great how to project from a craft store using a ton of circles to make flowers and embellishing a canvas
- handbag from scraps – I have a kit I got from the thrift store
- glitter shoes – search on craftster for these amazing shoes all glittered up
- reupholster my chaise lounge – I got it off craigslist for $75 and started to take off the back to reupholster and quickly discovered that what I thought was a 1960′s piece was more like a 1910 piece, so I’m trying to do it justice.
- steampunk up a hot air balloon sconce – for 25 cents i found a metal candle holder of a hot air balloon. I have some serious plans for the little thing.
- Art project with an antique ironing board – I saw an artist take 100 year old wood, vintage paper and carve Victorian images into it. It was marvelous, but I didn’t have enough money at the time to buy it and have not found the artist since. (Any help here would be appreciated, as I like to give credit for my inspiration.
- general organizing projects throughout the house
This year I plan on sharing some of the things I’m making, as well as the before pictures as I attempt to organize my house. With two small kids, I think I might lose more time bending down to pick things up and looking for things that have taken the baby’s interests more than I do than when sleeping. So if it’s possible to organize with little kids, I’m going to do this year, or so the resolution goes. This means I should have plenty of projects to post here. I’ll also be asking for some advice along the way.
What are your crafty new year’s resolutions?
OK, your turn. What crafty resolutions do you have for this year? Let me know and leave a comment below. (Any text links should go to links about your crafty resolutions.) I can’t wait to see them.